While You’re With Us
The birth of your baby and the days following are a very special time. At North West Private Maternity we work to ensure your stay with us is as restful and relaxing as possible. Your length of stay with us will be dependent on your individual birth experience – on average patients who experience a vaginal birth stay 2 to 4 days while patients who give birth by Caesarean section stay between 3 and 5 days.
Partners are welcome at all times in our Maternity Unit to support you and bond with your new baby. Overnight accommodation and meals are also available for partners and depending on your choice of accommodation and your health fund, an out-of-pocket cost may be applicable. Please call your health fund or our Pre Admission Team on 1800 555 549 for confirmation.
What to bring into hospital
In the weeks leading up to your baby’s birth you may have a lot on your mind. The list below includes some of the items to ensure you include in your hospital bag ready for your big day.
- Your health insurance details (if applicable)
- Four packets of sanitary pads – 2 maternity / 2 regular
- Two packets of breastfeeding (nursing) pads
- Nightwear and casual wear for day time
- Dressing gown
- Slippers / comfortable shoes
- Bras (nursing bras if breastfeeding)
- Formula (if you plan to bottle feed)
- One going home outfit for baby
- Items for use in your birthing plan (music, stress balls, essential oils etc)
We welcome patient’s friends and family wishing to help celebrate the birth of your new baby and our visiting hours are from 3pm to 8pm daily. Between 1pm and 3pm daily our unit provides mothers an undisturbed rest period where no phone calls and visitors are allowed in patients rooms. Partners are of course welcome at all times.
North West Private Hospital is conveniently located close to North West Plaza shopping centre which offers a supermarket, chemist, newsagency and a range of speciality shops for your convenience.
Our on-site coffee shop “Mollies” located opposite the Maternity Department. Hot snacks, sandwiches, beverages, magazines, papers and flowers are available. Opening hours are:
- Monday to Friday - 7:30am to 3:30pm
- Sat/Sun & Public Holidays - closed