Expansion at North West Private Hospital 2019 - 2020
Jul 10, 2019
It’s an exciting time at North West Private Hospital! With increased demand for services, Ramsay Health Care is making a significant investment in expanding the hospital with more patient beds, operating theatres and the commencement of new services. These improvements position the hospital to provide a wider variety of services and complex care, which will better meet the current and future needs of communities on the north side of Brisbane.
Construction works commenced in early March of this year with the multideck carpark to be completed by January 2020, external construction work on the three story ward tower to be completed next year by April 2020 and all internal works fully completed next year by July 2020. The hospital expansion and car park are fully funded by Ramsay Healthcare.
Included in the hospital expansion:
- Increasing from 101 to 150 beds.
- Increasing Oncology Chairs from 6 to 10.
- Increasing from 5 to 7 operating theatres.
- Increasing from 2 to 3 GE endoscopy procedure rooms.
- Increasing from 3 to 4 (operating) Dermatology excision procedure rooms.
- Construction of separate, additional Specialist Consulting Suites.
- Construction of a 4 level multideck car park. Importantly, all parking will continue to be free of charge at North West Private Hospital.
- Establishment of a 6 bed unit for Intensive Care and Critical Care.
- Establishment of a Day Rehabilitation Service.
- Also included in the expansion will be a new Ramsay retail Pharmacy that will serve both the hospital and the local community.