At North West Private Hospital, you can access experience that counts, even after birth.
Know My Midwife Program
Mothers participating in our Know My Midwife Program receive postnatal care via scheduled appointments up to six weeks after birth. Women love forming a relationship with a ‘known’ midwife and our midwife team throughout their pregnancy, birth and parenting journey.
Please bring your Medicare Card. Bulk-billed appointments.
Promoting, protecting and supporting breastfeeding.
The North West Private Hospital Lactation Clinic is available for families who require breastfeeding support, whether they delivered at North West or another obstetric facility, public or private.
Our dedicated team of lactation specialists (IBCLCs – International Board Certified Lactation Consultants) provide holistic support across all aspects of breastfeeding including:
- Establishing feeding
- Assistance with latch and positioning
- How to know your baby is getting enough breastmilk
- What to expect as your baby gets older
The appointment-based clinic is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 12:30–4:30pm.
There is a fee for service which may be covered by Medicare, your health fund or incur an out of pocket payment.
- North West Private Hospital Know My Midwife program participant up to 6-weeks postnatally: Medicare
- Private Health Insurance: Please check with your individual fund to see if this service is covered
- Fee for service: Initial consultation 1 hour ($90), Follow up appointment 1 hour ($70) and 30 mins ($50)
To register your interest, please click on the link to email us and allow us to have some understanding of your needs. One of our team will then be in touch.
Please include in your email:
- Reference ‘Lactation Clinic’
- Your name & phone number
- Date of Birth of your baby
- Place where you delivered
- Your current concerns
Download the flyer
Brisbane Early Parenting Centre
The Brisbane Early Parenting Centre at North West Private Hospital works in partnership with families over a four night residential stay. The baby is the ‘patient’ and support can include infant feeding, sleep and development while strengthening parental confidence. Families are welcome with babies up to 18 months of age.
Learn more about the experienced team and beautiful facilities of our Brisbane Early Parenting Centre and watch our video here.