Parenthood Education Classes
We have formulated a Parenthood Program for you and your partner that is designed to share knowledge through discussion and education. The program covers practical information and is presented by the Midwives and Lactation Consultants working in our Maternity Unit.
Infant feeding and Physiotherapy
- Education and information about feeding newborns
- Physiotherapy tips for antenatal and postnatal care
||Planning for the Birth / Birthing Options
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Stages of labour
- When to come to the hospital / admissions
- Therapeutic and non therapeutic options during the birthing process
- Coping strategies / relaxation strategies
- Caesarean section and unexpected outcomes
Postnatal Care of the Mother
- Hospital stay and preparing for discharge
- Community support
Your new Baby
- Characteristics of the newborn
- Routine practices and newborn care
- Strategies to cope with the new baby
- Demonstration and active participation in baby care
** Please bring a doll or teddy bear for Weeks 1 & 3.
The above classes are available over 3 weeks on Monday or Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings or Saturday afternoon.
Each session is 3 hours.
Depending on your health fund cover there may be additional costs incurred for these classes.
Please book your Parenthood Classes by 15 weeks gestation as places are limited.
TO BOOK: Please phone 3353 7825 between 8:30am and 4:30 pm Monday to Friday.
TO PAY: Please phone 3353 7802 on Thursday between 8:30am and 4:30 pm
A receipt will be issued upon payment of your antenatal classes which includes all information that North West Private Hospital is able to provide for you to forward to your specified Health Fund for reimbursement.
Lactation Consultant Inpatient Education
Our Maternity Unit has developed an inpatient education session offering advice and support provided by our Lactation Consultant. This session is available Monday to Friday at 9:30am in the Maternity Education room.
Our experienced Midwives are available to assist you to establish your baby’s feeding. Whichever method of feeding you choose our staff will support and respect your choice.