Dr Terry Sheahan is a highly respected Obstetrician and Gynaecologist.
He provides high level fertility services including I.V.F. and is able to follow the patient and her partner through fertility treatments all the way through pregnancy to delivery. This comprehensive treatment is appealing to many patients. Dr Sheahan is a Queensland Graduate who spent a number of years doing speciality training in the United Kingdom before returning to Brisbane.
He set up the North West Urodynamics Centre for Women and was one of the first in the state to perform certain minimally invasive anti-stress incontinence procedures. He has a keen interest in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery including Laparoscopic Hysterectomy. He has held positions such as Clinical Senior Lecturer and regularly examines for the University of Queensland. While he enjoys high risk obstetrics, his aim is to be as low intervention as possible providing the safest and most memorable birth experience for mothers and their partners.
Qualifications & Memberships:
- M.B.B.S. (Qld)
- F.R.C.O.G. (London)
- A.G.E.S.-Australian Gynaecological & Endoscopy Society
- F.S.A.-Fertility Society of Australia
- E.S.H.R.E.-European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology
- A.M.A.-Australian Medical Association
- N.A.S.C.O.G.-National Association of Specialist Obstetricians and Gynaecologists