Dr Kevin Huang completed his orthopaedic training in Queensland in 2002 and did an additional 18 months fellowship training in hand and upper limb surgery. Twelve months were dedicated to problems of the wrist and hand (including microsurgery) at the Sydney Hand Unit based at Sydney Hospital & St Luke's Hospital.
Dr Huang spent a further 6 months completing an upper limb fellowship at the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane with a primary focus on shoulder and elbow problems.
In addition to his private practice at North West Hospital, Dr Huang also runs a private practice at the Mater Hospital, South Brisbane. Dr Huang served as the Deputy Director of Orthopaedics at the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital in 2003 and continues his public work there as a Visiting Medical Officer.
Dr Huang has special interests in:
- Joint arthroplasty of the shoulder, elbow & hand
- Arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, elbow & wrist
- Open & reconstructive surgery of the upper limb
- Surgery for rheumatoid & other inflammatory conditions
- Nerve decompressions & grafting
- Upper limb trauma surgery
For appointments please contact Dr Huang at his North West rooms on 3353 9820.